We believe in the good news that Jesus came into this world to enable us to understand that God loves us and wants us to know him as our Father. Jesus gave His life for us to restore that relationship. We would love to share this good news with you and you are welcome at any of our services or events.
These websites can give you more information about what it means to be a Christian:
June Message from Elizabeth
Thank you to everyone who came to the AGM a few weeks ago, and for bringing your opinions and ideas. Over that morning we shared fellowship and discussion around the theme of Our Calling and reflected on how it related to the life of this church. The outcome was an idea under each area of Our Calling:
- for the stewards and worship group to join together to plan special services and OA services in advance, and use them as an opportunity to try creative/reflective ways of worship
- to review the prayer meeting
Learning and Caring
- to have a church library, with books and resources for all ages
- to keep an eye on the curtains, looking out for our neighbours
- to have a 'Bring and Take' event later in the year
- to develop a prayer corner at the back of the church and have displays from Explorers in the children's corner.
These ideas respond to our calling as disciples here and help the church to move forward. This month also brings Pentecost, when we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit. May we continue to pray and be open to the Spirit as we worship and witness together.
10:30 - 12:00 Morning Worship - CHAPEL
11:00 - 12:00 Funeral Service of Peter Thompson - CHAPEL
16:45 - 18:15 Frenzy Youth Theatre - HALL
09:00 - 11:00 Thirsk CC - HALL & LOUNGE
15:00 - 16:00 Service at Springhill Court - ALL ARE WELCOME
18:00 - 19:30 3rd Brownies - HALL
19:30 - 21:00 Claire's Group - HALL